Fort Benning Building 399
Fort Benning, Georgia
Building 399 is Fort Benning’s Olson Hall, and has been used as barracks for the Fort Benning community over the past several decades. The Olson Hall structure was constructed in multiple phases between 1925 and 1939, leading to different construction methods being used in the various building additions. As a result, Building 399 required a very in-depth evaluation during the design of the reroofing project
Pond & Company and Raymond Engineering teamed to complete the design for Fort Benning’s Building 399. The project scope included the evaluation of the existing mission clay tile main roof, and small storage room roofs; the roof on the 11 towers; parapet and penthouse stairwell repairs; lightning protection system; window replacement; and masonry waterproofing.