Gwinnett County Hamilton Mill Library
Raymond Engineering’s scope of work consisted of quality assurance inspection services. During each day of inspection, our inspector observed the work performed by the roofing contractor, and pointed out deficient conditions that did not meet the requirements of the contract documents, and document actions taken. Our inspector prepared a detailed report of findings for each period of inspection which included the following information:
- Date of Inspection
- Weather Conditions
- Contractor’s name and size of roofing crew
- Size and location of tear-off/re-roofing
- Materials used and/or present at the time of inspection
- Contractor’s activities during the period of inspection
- Any deficiencies observed and action(s) taken to correct deficient condition(s)
- Representative photographs of work performed and/or deficient conditions observed.
- At the end of each inspection period, our inspector’s findings were reviewed with the Contractor’s representative. Copies of the report were provided to the Owner’s representative on a daily basis via email or fax. Additionally, at the end of each week, our inspector prepared a weekly summary report which included estimates of completions and a list of outstanding issues. Towards the end of the project, a list of deficient items was developed and was updated until the project was completed by the roofing contractor.
Though Gwinnett’s first green library was designed to achieve LEED Silver Certification from the United States Green Building Council, upon final review it was awarded LEED Gold Certification.